See a short video (1:16) tutorial on Email Templates
An email template contains basic information and formatting so that it can be re-used and edited whenever needed. Jackrabbit offers a comprehensive list of typically-used templates, each with full-color graphics and standard wording. Any of these templates can be edited and customized from Tools > Edit Email Templates.
Many of the templates have placeholder images for your business logo. You can easily delete the placeholder and replace with your company logo.
We have design many GENERAL templates for any industry as well as INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC templates that have industry-specific content and images:
- 100's : General templates for any industry
- 200's : DANCE templates
- 300's : GYMNASTICS templates
- 400's : SWIM related templates
- 500's : CHEER related templates
To customize or edit email templates:
- Point to Tools and select Edit Email Templates.
- On the List Templates page, click the name of the template you'd like to customize. (You can see what any template looks like by clicking the preview icon.)
- Make any changes (such as adding your logo, changing dates, etc.).
- Save Changes
Add a Link to your Parent Portal in the Email Template
- Get your parent portal link. It will be "https://app.jackrabbitclass.com/portal/ppLogin.asp?id=XXXXXX" (Replace XXXXXX with YOUR Jackrabbit Org ID#).
- Highlight the text that you want to convert to a link.
- Then click on the Insert/Edit Link button in the email editor toolbar.
- Add your parent portal link in the URL field and click Insert.
Add your Organization's Logo in the Email Template
Your logo image must be located somewhere on the internet that you can link to. A common location is a sub folder on your website.
- Get the link (URL) to your logo's online location.
- Place your cursor exactly where you want your logo to show in your email.
- Click on the Insert/Edit Image button in the email editor toolbar.
- Add your logo link in the URL Location field and click Insert.
It is also possible to edit an email template immediately prior to sending it by selecting the template from the list of drop-down choices in the Email editor and making changes to the body of the template prior to sending. Note: This type of temporary edit is not saved to the template for future use and is only sent to the recipients selected.
Your school is closing on a Tuesday due to inclement weather, and you need to notify families of students enrolled in Tuesday classes. In Families > Email/Text Families, choose the 113 Weather Closing template and select only Tuesday classes. Update the day and date of the closing within the message.
By editing the template here, the email recipients receive the edited information but the information is not saved to the template for future use.