Jackrabbit has partnered with 2 text messaging providers to enable you to send text messages to your customers directly through Jackrabbit.
Twilio (www.Twilio.com) and Plivo (www.Plivo.com) are cloud-based API Platforms for SMS (texting) that integrate seamlessly with Jackrabbit. Once you’ve created an account with either Twilio or Plivo, and have added your credit card details, you’ll be able to text customers from within Jackrabbit. See Texting in Jackrabbit for instructions on getting setup with one of our partners. Note: Twilio is only available to US customers at this time.
Text Message Guidelines
Jackrabbit text messaging is intended to facilitate urgent and timely communication between your organization and customers. It is not intended as a general marketing tool. Texting has very strict regulations on use governed by the FCC, CTIA, and MMA.
- DO NOT USE text messaging for marketing.
- Avoid marketing phrases like "Congratulations", "Buy Now", "Sale Today Only".
- Avoid dollar amounts or other symbols that might indicate marketing ($199, Buy Now!, 20% off, etc.).
- Do not add “Reply Stop”.
- Minimize the number of messages per day. Too many messages will not only annoy customers but may trigger a carrier to block your sending phone number permanently. Jackrabbit will alert you when you’ve sent 200 cumulative texts in a 1-day period.
- THE FOLLOWING WORDS AND SYMBOLS ARE NOT ALLOWED: $, % BUY, SALE, FREE, STOP.
Text Message Fees
Jackrabbit does not charge for the texting feature, however, our text providers will charge a fee per text message sent. You’ll purchase a credit amount that will decrease as texts are sent. We recommend that your account is set up for auto recharge so that important text messages are not delayed due to insufficient funds. Auto recharge can be set up in your Twilio or Plivo account portal.
For pricing information visit:
Your Text From Number
You will need to buy at least one phone number from the texting provider you choose (Twilio or Plivo) in order to be able to send text messages. See Get Set Up for Text Messaging with Twilio or Get Set Up for Text Messaging with Plivo for instructions on how to buy your text from number.
The numbers you purchase from Twilio or Plivo are exclusively used for texting, you will not be able to use your personal or business mobile phone numbers.